Crochet flowers are great stash-busters, and you pretty much always have time to make one. If you want to make one (or more) for your Mom, try attaching them to pins, crocheting tiny ones to glue on earring backs, or sticking them on a handmade card just like elementary school. Moms love those!
1. First up is this bright and cheery Crochet Orchid. I love how the different layers give it real dimension, and the colors are pretty fun too.
This version is made it plarn! If you wanted to get fancy in the kitchen, you could probably use it as a scrubby.
2. Can you believe these Carnations are crocheted? I love this presentation, but wouldn't these be great as part of a permanent corsage or boutonniere?
3. These colorful Pansy Flowers could really make a statement. They lay a bit more flat than many flowers and could be good for embellishing things like clothing or afghans.
4. These Brilliant Crochet Blooms are just that. I love how the petals curve up into little cups, and the color combinations are lots of fun too.
5. A lot of crochet flower patterns take some liberties with nature, but this Crochet Daffodil could almost be picked right out of a garden.
6. How sweet is this Lily of the Valley? I think it would look fabulous on a lightweight cardigan.
7. I adore these Puff Stitch Crochet Flowers.They're so bright and cheerful, and have a real retro charm.
8. For the true flower lovers out there, a whole afghan of flowers! This Floral Fiesta Afghan is a garden in itself.
9. For a classic, Victorian style, whip up this Iris Rose. The lacy background makes it something truly special.
10. Finally, for the utiliarians out there, try these adorable floral Jardain Crochet Coasters. I wouldn't mind resting my cup of coffee on those.
However you're spedinging the day today, I hope you enjoy yourself, and take the time to kick back and relax with some crochet!